As God works through us, we will reach individuals and families for church membership in the Donelson/Hermitage area with the gospel through culturally relevant worship, Bible study, and ministries that allow god to transform lives.
"We exist by the power of God to reach people for Christ and Disciple them for the glory of God and the advancement of His Kingdom."
Six core beliefs of the early church are found in Acts 2:42-47. They include: discipleship, fellowship, prayer, worship, ministry/service, and evangelism/missions.
These same six core values are also a part of Lincoya Hills Church Mission Statement. They can be defined as follows:
- Discipleship - "and Disciple them..." How can our church make disciples today? By variety and consistency.
- Fellowship - "We exist..." How can our church create community? By intentionality and inclusiveness.
- Prayer - "by the power of God" The early believers were connected to the Lord through the power of prayer. We must have a total reliance upon God and never get ahead of Him.
- Worship - "for the glory of God..." How can we connect with God in our lives and in our church? By humility and hunger.
- Ministry/Service - "the advancement of His Kingdom..." "As the Father has sent me (into the world), Jesus told his disciples on the last night of his life, "so I am sending you" (John 20:21).
- Evangelism/Missions - "to reach people for Christ..." The Jerusalem Church changed its world by ministering to the people in need and by engaging in the culture around them with the gospel. So how can we change our world? By ministry and mission (M and M) which stand for mobilizing our people for ministry and motivating our people for missions.
"As God works through us, we will reach individuals and families for church membership in the Donelson/Hermitage area with the gospel through culturally relevant worship, Bible study, and ministries that allow God to transform lives."